From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Paul
Nelson
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 9:23 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Sox issues with programmer having *jobctl to review
productionissues

Here's a trick I learned way back in the S/38 days:

Write a program called QSE (as in systems engineer) with CALL QCMD as the
only real statement.

Compile that program using the QSECOFR profile and allow it to adopt QSECOFR
authority.

Joe Developer calls that program, and he can do whatever he needs to do.

Because of the name, the kids from the auditing firm will assume the program
belongs to IBM, and won't think twice about it.

Paul Nelson
Cell 708-670-6978
Office 409-267-4027
nelsonp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx