Thank Jonathan,

I did as you recommended and got the following:

librpm.so -> librpm.so.0.0.0

i did a find for librpm.so.0.0.0 but cant find it.

On 10/7/16 5:50 AM, Jonathan Wilson wrote:

On Thu, 2016-10-06 at 15:27 -0400, tim wrote:
i did as you suggested and got the following results. It looks like any
variations were installed as part of the process:

QOpenSys/opt/freeware/lib/librpm.so.2.0.3
QOpenSys/opt/freeware/lib/librpmbuild.so.2.0.1
QOpenSys/opt/freeware/lib/librpmio.so.2.0.1
QOpenSys/opt/freeware/lib/librpmsign.so.0.0.1
QOpenSys/opt/freeware/lib/librpm.so
QOpenSys/opt/freeware/lib/librpmbuild.so
At a guess, librpm.so is probably a link to one of the version specific
libraries as a default.

You can check if you wish, but its not overly important by doing the
following... (ls -la QOpenSys/opt/freeware/lib/) will create a long list
(might be worth piping it to a file or greping it, but I always have to
read the manual to work out how!) and if its similar to linux will show
a "filelink > realfile"

My guess, as to why its not working, is that for some reason the
"library loader" is not searching the directory you listed.
QOpenSys/opt/freeware/lib

If this were linux then there is a config file /etc/ld.so.conf which
lists the directories that need to be searched for the libraries by the
library loader and there is also a path variable which can be used to
override the path.

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html Has
the information. That said, I'm not sure how/if this also relates to the
IBM/I environment... but might be enough to use as a starting point. It
seems odd that no one else has had similar problems, so I'm wondering if
its either not used much or people who have used it tend to be from a
linux/unix background so know where to look or the terminology used to
web search.

Hope this helps a bit, and sorry I can't be more helpful as open source
on the I is an area I know nothing about.