A brief word of caution on getting to fancy with programs that work over
CHGPWD. In a previous place of employment, we purchased a security package
that among other things monitored password changes. When we started to
perform our next Disaster recovery test we successfully proved that we could
not recover our system. Among the first things that has to be done is to
change the QSECOFR password, the security application had a hood into the
CHGPWD command to call one of its own programs, however the application had
not yet been restored. The application could not be restored until we
changed QSECOFR password. Catch-22. We contacted the vendor and several
months later the published a statement to disable this functionality prior
to performing a backup and restore the functionality on resuming normal
operations.

This was several years ago now, but as I recall it did have something to do
with the exit program.

Regards,

Jim Hawkins
Programmer Analyst