Gut says "Yes!"

But you did give some good details.

Let me start out with
"other i Navigator functions for database like SQL performance and Plan
Cache."
Keep in mind that this is not a "client" issue any longer. The new client
simply points you to http://youribmi:2001 So, there may be some
difference between 7.1 and 7.3. See?
Closely related to that is the newest version update "Run SQL Scripts" to
include some stuff like plan cache.

We got about 800 users and we're rolling it out.
The old one was way too cumbersome to manage. Windows crippled up
security so bad that you really couldn't run "Check service pack level"
unless you were a domain admin with local admin capability. I think
that's a huge reason why the new one isn't quite as tightly coupled with
Windows. Sure you can still do file associations and all but there is
some noticeable looseness.

I think our company has one local printer. And only because of special
forms. So I can't begin to speak about that. No complaints about the
display. But you're sure to hear opinions on that. The bandwidth used to
be flooded.

Been awhile since I played with AFP manager. I'm not personally
developing logos and that genre much anymore.

And you're right, this client has jack squat to do with accessing a file
share. Neither did the old one. All the admin part does is allow you the
ability to map those shares on the host to make them accessible for the
client.