What version of the operating system are you on? At 7.1 and above, CPYSPLF has the special value *TOSTMF for the TOFILE parameter. This is usually discussed when converting a spooled file to PDF.

But if you use the following parameters, plus the parameters for job and spooled file, as needed, it will copy the spooled file contents to the file you specify in the TOSTMF parameter.

If you do not set the WSCST parameter, it will copy contents of either *AFPDS or *USERASCII.

CPYSPLF FILE(YOURUSSPLF)
TOFILE(*TOSTMF)
TOSTMF('/path/to/stream/file.ext')
STMFOPT(*REPLACE)

Once you have it in a STMF (IFS file), you can use CPY or CPYFRMSTMF to put it into a physical file.

HTH
Vern