From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 16:10
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: RFE's improving FTP/NetServer functionality

The IBM supplied Application Administration doesn't allow the level of
granularity to allow a put but restrict it to a particular directory.

Does the FTP server that comes with Windows do this?
Does the FTP server that comes with many other OS's do this?
Or, are you also talking about third party packages for those also?
Because there are third party packages for IBM i for ftp also.
Some are built around the IBM ftp exit points (one, when showing us their
wares and I showed them what we were doing already pulled me aside and
asked me if I was ever looking for a job elsewhere to look them up).
Some write their own server.

Doing it internally got to be a pain. It also makes it easier to cover
yourself against losing "that one critical employee" (even if that was
me).
We now do it using GoAnywhere by Linoma.
http://www.linomasoftware.com/products/goanywhere

However, one wonders if this will affect their licensing, etc, and how it
will fare against Powertech. Just thinking about Message Labs vs Halcyon
when they were combined under Help Systems.
6/03/2016 HelpSystems Acquires Linoma Software to Meet Rising
Security Demand

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive