From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:24 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: Suggetions on labeling all items for a rack reloaction to new rack in new data center

We're relocating our data center, 60 feet away.
Rack details below, 15 items.
Moving the entire rack is not an option.
I need to minimize the down window, no HA.
Every item needs to be un-cabled, un-racked, re-racked, and re-cabled.
I've identified some cable docs for the various features.
I'm looking for suggestions on how to label each cable in the rack.
Some examples I came up with below

For a 5877 EXP24S SFF Gen2-bay Drawer -- serial number, slot, slot position. Example RCH7733 - C1 - 3 For a 5887 12X I/O Drawer PCIe, No Disk - serial number, G1BY017 - P1-C2-T3

Any thoughts from the group?

Rack 14 in PSI Data Center 01
42 Rack 14 Switch (Catalyst 4948)
41 Firewall 14-1 (2800 Router)
40 Firewall 14-2 (2800 Router)
39 ATS 14-1 (AP7941)
38 ATS 14-2 (AP7941)
37 Fiber Switch 14-1 (300 Fiber Switch)
36
35 IBM 3573 Library
34
33
32
31
30
29
28
27
26
25
24
23
22
21 7316-TF3 6235P, Flat Panel Console Kit
20 HMC 7042-CR6 Rack-mounted Hardw.Mgmt.Console
19 7216-1U2 Multi Media Enclosure
18 5887 EXP24S SFF Gen2-bay Drawer
17
16 5887 EXP24S SFF Gen2-bay Drawer
15
14
13 P7 8205-E6C Power 740
12
11
10
9
8 5877 12X I/O Drawer PCIe, No Disk (P7 PCI Expansion Bay)
7
6
5 5877 12X I/O Drawer PCIe, No Disk (P7 PCI Expansion Bay)
4
3
2
1