On 19-Aug-2016 06:31 -0700, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:
On 19-Aug-2016 05:38 -0700, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:
I'm receiving CPD3322 - Output queue changed to QPRINT in QGPL.
I know the reason is the outputq the job was looking for does not
exist.

When this occurs, the spoolfiles are directed to QGPL/QPRINT.

I do have another QPRINT, which is QUSRSYS/QPRINT, which is higher
in the library list.

I would prefer if the output was directed to QUSRSYS/QPRINT.

Is this possible, can it be changed?
It appears that there is a hardcoded setting for QGPL/QPRINT when a
CPD3322 occurs.

FWiW the quite near identical question was posted quite nearly four years ago, and received about the same answer as Rob gave in his first reply to the current thread:
[http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201209/msg00983.html]
Subject: default outq if outq not exist - CPD3322

This must be one of the only places where i5/os is hardcoded.
No system value or config setting to change this.
<<SNIP>>

There is no place to configure what defines any of the Replace Object Library (QRPLOBJ), the Current Default Library (*CRTDFT), the Default Owner UsrPrf (QDFTOWN), the Default Job Description (QDFTJOBD), and surely there are many [more than just a few] other examples people could find.?

The hard-coded QGPL/QPRINT Output Queue (OUTQ) is just a fallback for when something went wrong; much like is the purpose of the hard-coded QDFTOWN, enabling a function to proceed to completion, even if only with a semblance of completeness, per the errors and recovery that had redirected from the likely\presumed expectations.

Why /they/ chose the System Garbage Pile Library [err, the General Purpose Library] as the library in which that OUTQ would reside, given a "Default Output Queue For Printer" would be located in QUSRSYS, I can only guess: that perhaps they wanted to allow for the creation of a device\writer named QPRINT that would use QUSRSYS/QPRINT as the default OUTQ, or that perhaps placed outside of QUSRSYS meant that someone purposely /fiddling/ with output queues [e.g. deleting them, perhaps from a list] would be less likely to accidentally muck with the OUTQ that was purposefully obfuscated by its odd location in QGPL vs QUSRSYS?