1) What size do you create your VTL volumes?
Just large enough to include one nights entire save
Or
Do you go with a standard size, nTB.

2) We keep 180 days of BRMS log data. Never have to use a native restore.

Start Maintenance for BRM (STRMNTBRM)

Type choices, press Enter.

Label . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Expire media . . . . . . . . . . *YES *YES, *NO
Expire media set volumes . . . . > *YES *NO, *YES
Remove media information:
Media contents . . . . . . . . *EXP *EXP, *NONE, *REUSE
Object level detail . . . . . *MEDCON 1-9999, *MEDCON
Remove migration information . . 180 1-9999, *NONE
Run media movement . . . . . . . *NO *NO, *YES
Remove log entries:
Type . . . . . . . . . . . . . > *ALL *ALL, *NONE, *ARC, *BKU, *M...
From date . . . . . . . . . . > *BEGIN Date, *BEGIN, *CURRENT, nnnnn
To date . . . . . . . . . . . > 180 Date, *END, *CURRENT, nnnnn
Run cleanup operations . . . . . *YES *YES, *NO
Retrieve volume statistics . . . *YES *YES, *NO
Audit system media . . . . . . . *NONE
+ for more values
More...

Paul