"MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 07/11/2016
06:20:56 PM:
If the CUSTNAME field has usage "B" = both, how can I suppress the
underline for DISPLAY?

(There is no DSPATR for removing the underlines).

I thought that CHGINPDFT might do the trick. However I cannot
condition that on the mode DISPLAY or UPDATE.

Is the best method to describe each field twice?

No, do not describe each field twice. Here are a couple of actual
field definition which I use to do just what you want. Turn 41 and 42 on
for updatable fields and turn them off for display-only fields.

A S1ABVCDE R B 11 6REFFLD(ABVCDE ACSYABVT)
A CHGINPDFT(UL)
A CHECK(LC)
A COLOR(GRN)
A 31 DSPATR(PC)
A 41 DSPATR(UL)
A N41 DSPATR(PR)
A S1ABVDSC R B 11 14REFFLD(ABVDSC ACSYABVT)
A CHGINPDFT(UL)
A CHECK(LC)
A COLOR(GRN)
A 32 DSPATR(PC)