Two parts. Base part is included, Chargeable are the GUI pieces. It am not expensive!!

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com

On 4/28/2016 1:27 PM, Mike Cunningham wrote:

That looks exactly what I want! Thanks for the link. It's hard to tell from the IBM site for ARE but is this a chargeable optional product or free if you have the base OS? http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/are/index.html

Mike C

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kevin Adler
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:54 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: V7R2 media

We even wrote a plugin for Application Runtime Expert to do this:
http://ibmsystemsmag.com/Blogs/i-Can/September-2015/IBM-Application-Runtime-Expert-for-i--Managing-PTF/

"MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 04/28/2016
11:10:50 AM:

From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/28/2016 11:11 AM

Mike,

You can do this.

One way is to put job schedule entries out there to check for group
ptf's
that are newer than what you have on your system.
If so, order them and put them on your system for delayed IPL. Then
do the IPL.

With DB2's IBM i Services this becomes really easy.

See also
GO SERVICE
1. Change Service Agent attributes
Auto PTF:
Enable . . . . . . . . . . . . *NO
Schedule day . . . . . . . . . *SUN
Download PTFs . . . . . . . . *NO

While this may download them it's still up to you to load/apply them
(read the help)

IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E