On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 11:31 AM, CRPence <crpbottle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If the issue with the algorithm accounting for only the
active-record-count vs the total-record-count is considered [by you to be] a
defect, then open a PMR. Otherwise, perhaps either make a comment on the
documentation page that in-part describes the algorithm [quoted in at least
two replies, but I do not recall any links], asking for clarification on the
threshold for a SQL DELETE request affecting a "large" number of rows and
for why inactive rows are not included, or submit a Design Change Request
asking that members with "many" deleted rows should also meet the threshold
for the effective CLRPFM or CHGPF.

Well, I just added a comment here:

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_71/db2/rbafzdelst.htm?lang=en

Changes are unlikely to occur if change is not requested; the
architects\designers\programmers are not poring over this list\NG looking
for messages that might appear to qualify as RFEs, and thus probably should
be considered for possible DCRs.

Fair enough. Though I think changes are almost as unlikely to occur
even if they are requested, especially if I'm the only one requesting
them. And to be clear, I haven't made any request yet, so I'm not
complaining.

John Y.