On 20-Apr-2016 16:27 -0500, Joe Wood wrote:
<<SNIP>> Clearly the SQL0552 is lacking accurate and complete
information.

Messages have limitations that prohibit being exhaustive; realizing that, I know to redirect to the docs. Also realizing that authority errors are audited, one can redirect to the audit journal\log.

SYSROUTINE (for CREATE PROCEDURE) required restricted state which
we hit last month on all Lpars, SYSROUTDEP was not locked and we're
moving forward. Again, thank you.

Unlikely that the modification to the authorities to SYSROUTINE require restricted state; presumably all locks are the effect of pseudo-closed cursors held in other job(s). Instead try the following scripted action(s) to effect the grant\revoke activity; the request to release the conflicting locks will likely succeed and thus allow the maintenance on the authorities to the resource:

ALCOBJ OBJ((QSYS2/SYSROUTINE *FILE *EXCL)) CONFLICT(*RQSRLS)
/* if repeated requests for that Allocate Object fail, and esp. if a a remaining conflicting lock is always held by a system job, then there is a somewhat likely chance, that would be a side effect of a defect from prior delayed maintenance such that recovery is only by an IPL */
EDTOBJAUT QSYS2/SYSROUTINE *FILE /* or GRTOBJAUT, RVKOBJAUT, etc.*/
DLCOBJ OBJ((QSYS2/SYSROUTINE *FILE *EXCL)) /* or signoff */