On 19-Apr-2016 14:41 -0500, Manuel Chaviano wrote:
We write a simple CL program to act like a wrapper for the trigger
program containing the logic.

Just getting and passing along the required parameters:

0005.00 PGM PARM(&BUFR &BYNARY)
0006.00
0007.00 DCL VAR(&BUFR) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1001)
0008.00 DCL VAR(&BYNARY) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
0009.00
0010.00 CALL PGM(TTT) PARM(&BUFR &BYNARY)
0011.00
0012.00 ENDPGM

TTT is the "real" trigger program that performs the required logic.

There would be no reason to have that program remain in the stack, s why not use Transfer Control (TFRCTL) instead.?:

0010.00 TFRCTL PGM(TTT) PARM(&BUFR &BYNARY)