I was not a jacka$$ when talking to her on the phone, but I can say,
without question, that I made my point.

My opinion of HelpSystems has taken an extreme nosedive.

On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

+1

When I started in this field in 1989, at Help Systems, there was a
co-marketing kind of relationship between HS and Hawkeye. That is no more.

In recent years I went looking for Pathfinder and had the hardest time of
it - so I pretty much gave up - I had my doubts that they even had a plugin
for WDSC, etc.

We have Abstract, and they DO have a plugin - albeit done, may I say, on
the cheap? You have to install the Abstract component into Access, then the
plugin basically runs things out of that component. It is useful but kind
of weak, seems to me.

And now with the "stabilizing", shall we say, of Access, this becomes more
of a problem. There's a similar question around SEQUEL's dependence on
Access for authentication in its Viewpoint client - I expect SEQUEL to take
care of that challenge, and I want to see Abstract being developed just as
vigorously.

We shall see - and I HAVE had some communications with these companies
about this.

Cheers
Vern