I'm looking for a simple, basic, BRMS save summary that will show total amount saved.
I've looked at PRTRPTBRM, but there are known issues when AutoDUP is used, old PMR with a DCR.

Here is the final update from development:

1. Entries are being included past the end date / time
When specifying the time on the PRTRPTBRM TYPE(*BKUSTAT), it is using the Save timestamp (BKHSVT) to find the records. The time used on the report is the actual time data was written to tape which is using the Start Save Timestamp (BKSSVT) for the start time. At this time, we feel this is more accurate for customers to use as it gives real times on the reports. They are seeing times outside the specified times on the PRTRPTBRM TYPE(*BKUSTAT) command because the report is including duplicate media. And as the items for duplicate media was written later, the time will be outside that specified on the PRTRPTBRM TYPE(*BKUSTAT).

2. When outputting to a file small libraries are appearing as 0 for Total time to saves
In 7.1 and below, when using PRTRPTBRM TYPE(*BKUSTAT) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) minutes are specified. In 7.2, this has being changed to seconds. Unfortunately it cannot be PTF'd back.

3.These items are omitted from the report: *SAVSECDTA, *SAVCFG, QALLUSRLNK, and *LINK
PRTRPTBRM TYPE(*BKUSTAT) currently only supports items that are saved with SAVLIB, SAVOBJ or SAVCHGOBJ commands.

For Item 1, we will be creating a document to explain this. To remove the DUPMEDBRM entries, we will need a DCR so we can give users the option to specify original media only, duplicate media only or both. Help text will have to be updated only. This can only happen at a release boundary so it will be in a future release after the next one.

For Item 2, no changes are planned.

For item 3, A DCR will be required to include other saved items.

PRTRPTBRM TYPE(*CTLGRPSTAT) PERIOD((220000 040516) (231600 040516))

Control Start Start End End Objects Objects Size Save Media Save
Group Date Time Date Time Duration Saved Not saved (MB) GB/HR Class Volume Status
SAVFULL05 4/05/16 22:00:03 4/05/16 23:16:18 1:16:15 372616 15 4,425,417 3481 ULTRIUM7 001301 *QUAL
* * * * * E N D O F L I S T I N G * * * * *

Is there another method to obtain overall summary?

Thank You
_____
Paul Steinmetz
IBM i Systems Administrator