On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Steve Pavlichek <spavlichek@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
AJS is available for a 70 day free trial. You just need to download from the
IBM Entitled Software Site and install it. I would also recommend reapplying
your latest CUME package as well.

Is the trial definitely not preinstalled? I only ask because we have
the trial, yet we almost never install anything that we don't actively
need. Even simple things like the no-extra-cost spool-to-PDF converter
are not installed on our machine, and I've been asking for that
periodically ever since we moved to 7.1.

It would just be so out of character for us to have *actively* gone to
the trouble of downloading and installing AJS when no one has directed
the programmers to even try it out. I only stumbled upon it by chance
(perhaps because someone mentioned it on these lists, or perhaps I was
Googling for something tangentially related), and no one else at my
shop had even heard of it until I mentioned it to them.

So Bill, if I were you, I'd just go ahead and try some AJS commands to
see if it's already installed (as trialware). Can't hurt. For example,
WRKJOBJS. Or GO JS.

Here's a link for a full description of the features of AJS. Does it do
everything ROBOT does? I doubt it but it may do everything you need it to
do.

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/jscheduler/

I think chances are very good that AJS will do everything you need.
Especially if you have never used anything but the standard scheduler.
I suspect that a large majority of Robot users would be able to do
everything they need to do using AJS.

John Y.