I'll add some details, which I should have included originally.
Currently, we are using GUI Jwalk42C6, which is bundled by our 3rd party vendor, Netcracker, for their ICOMS product.
This is Netcracker's current GUI solution.
We also use Rockets Jwalk Developer to GUI ize our custom bolt on screens.
Both deploy as package files, .CSH files
The GUI adds additional functionality, not just a screen scrape.
About 750 GUI users.
About 200 users also on iSeries Access.

There are 3 configs possible.

SWC-Served Windows Client
SCM - Server Connect Mode
Java Client

We are running SWC version, non SSL, which uses the ActiveX.
Can only be used with IE.
Jwalk 42C6 is becoming depreciated, nearing EOL.
When trying to configure SSL for the 42C6 client, we found that it only supports SHA1.
We are now using SHA256 wild card certs.

We recently received an upgrade from Netcracker, included Legasuite 7.5.3, which supports SHA256 with a wild card cert.

One of our goals is to switch to the Java Client, with SSL enabled.
I've successfully configured the LS 7.5.3 Java Client, with SSL, SHA256 wild card cert.
Works with IE, FF, Chrome, and EDGE.
Chrome and EDGE run outside the browser as an app using guiclient. Jnlp file.

I've also configured LS SWC 7.5.3 ActiveX client, with SSL enabled, SHA256 wild card cert.
There is an issue with the install with SSL enabled, so the config was tweaked to non-SSL for install only.
Only works with IE.
Open ticket with Rocket for FF and Chrome issues.

Our PC staff asked if there was a HTML5 solution.
LS753_LegaSuite Web UI Engine for iSeries
There is, we may already have the license.
Problem is that Netcracker is not currently bundling the WEB UI product with their ICOMS product.
Waiting on their future direction.

At this point, we are reviewing and evaluating our options.
The Java client currently works fine, (test mode only), but we all know how a Java update can break applications.
No production changes done as of yet.

Paul