What is the Advanced Analysis Option to only view the current SMSETTEMPSIDWRAP macro setting?
8. On the Select Advanced Analysis Command screen, there is a list of available advanced analysis macros (under the Command column). Because SMSETTEMPSIDWRAP is not listed, type 1 (Select) next to the top blank line under the Command column. In the blank line, type SMSETTEMPSIDWRAP, and press the Enter key.
Note: SMSETTEMPSIDWRAP is "semi-permanent". It survives IPL and reset, but it won't survive across installs (and has the potential of not surviving when applying PTFs).
9. In the Options field, enter a number between 30-95 to specify the new percentage, and press the Enter key.
1. The SMGETTEMPSIDWRAP macro can be used to retrieve the current setting.
2. smsettempsidwrap = Set Temporary Address Threshold
3. smgettempsidwrap = Get Temporary Address Threshold
4. The reset will occur on the IPL after the percent is reached. The IPL does not take more time to do a reset. There is no way to reset/regain/lower the amount of temporary addresses used by doing something covert within System Service Tools.
5. Upon upgrading operating system releases (in other words, V5R4M0 to V6R1M0), the number of temporary addresses will persist through the upgrade.
6. Performance Explorer may be needed to analyze temporary address growth and may require a consulting agreement accordingly.
7. The 90% threshold at which the CPI0997 message will be issued cannot be changed.
8. The additional time for IPL after setting this macro is negligible.
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marc Rauzier
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2015 2:29 AM
Subject: Re: V7R1 Production LPAR WRKSYSSTS % temp addresses . . . . : 5.555
Le 11/07/2015 02:04, DrFranken a écrit :
There is a way (that I cannot recall) to lower the 85% threshold but
suffice to say: "You are in no danger here." :-)
You can do this with an SST macro.
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l