One internal format of date/time information is the MI 8-byte Standard Time
Format (also refered to as *DTS in some cases). This format will "loop" at
roughly May 10 2071 at 11:56:53. So the last "full" date that can be
represented with this time format is May 9. I have to assume CVTDAT used
this format internally.

Assuming this is a CL program problem then the Convert Date and Time Format
(QWCCVTDT) API might be worth looking at. The API, depending on the format
specified, can support dates thru Dec 31 9999. The format *DTS is
documented by the API as being limited to a max date of May 10 2071.

Bruce Vining