IS there a DB2 Connect version for Linux?

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kevin Bucknum
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 9:21 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Can someone give me a non-marketing explanation of DB2 Connect?

DB2 Connect on the IBM i is a licensed product. It speaks DRDA directly to the database. We looked at it a few years ago when we first started exploring application modernization so that could integrate our product that runs strictly on linux with our updated IBM i product. Because of the cost we ended up not integrating the products and instead have written everything in PHP running directly on the IBM i since that didn't need the DB2 connect license. It's a vague memory, but I remember having a trial license for 30 days, and the DB2 Connect was about 3-4 times faster than the odbc driver that IBM provides in client access, and about 5 times faster than the jdbc driver in JTOPEN.

Kevin Bucknum
Senior Programmer Analyst
MEDDATA/MEDTRON