Are these steps even valid on a machine running 7.1 or higher? Just
trying to find out before I leave a comment suggesting that I think these
are no longer valid and HMC does all this now.
To force DST from SST follow these steps:
1. Use the STRSST command to start SST.
2. Select option 5 (Work with system partitions).
3. Select option 2 (Work with partition status).
4. Use the cursor to select the logical partition on which you want
5. If the partition is not in manual mode, select option 10 (Mode
6. Select option 21 (Force DST). If you are forcing DST from the
logical partition workstation where you want DST, the workstation will
experience a device I/O error and end abnormally. This is normal.
7. Sign on to DST.
8. Before you exit DST, set the logical partition back to normal mode
if you want the next IPL to be unattended.
Virtual Partition Manager is not supported and this service
function cannot be started. The system is in a state that
does not allow this operating system to partition the
server. Refer to the Virtual Partition Manager documentation
for more information.
I did find these threads:
Or maybe they are valid for a few certain systems but that doesn't negate
the need for documenting how to do this from HMC?