Buck, you need the length in the call to QCMDEXC, as well.

On 10/23/2015 4:34 PM, Buck Calabro wrote:
On 10/23/2015 4:34 PM, Justin Dearing wrote:
I discovered that SELECT * FROM QSQLSRC gives me a rowid, what looks like a
SEU line number, and a row of text, but no way to tie a line of source code
to a source member. Is there another stored procedure for that?
Yeah, so SQL doesn't understand file members. Ish. SQL will always use
the *FIRST member (which is the first one added. ish.) There's an IBM
i SQL extension to CREATE ALIAS that let's SQL access a specific member
though.

CREATE ALIAS library.srcmbr for library.qsqlsrc(srcmbr)

Then SELECT * FROM library.srcmbr will operate on the source member
specified in the ALIAS. DROP ALIAS when done with it...

Is there a
stored procedure for ADDPFM? I'm thinking I'm going to write a stored
procedure that does the GENERATE_SQL, ADDPFM, etc so I can write DDL in sql
workbench, but have it stored where the greenscreeners like it.
You can construct an ADDPFM command as a character string and submit it
to the stored procedure QCMDEXC, so something like

call qcmdexc('addpfm buck/qsqlsrc justin')

where you'd generate the quotes and everything in between.