On Fri, Oct 23, 2015, 13:51 Buck Calabro <kc2hiz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When one creates the journal (CRTJRN) one can specify that the system
manage cleaning up the receivers via the MNGRCV(*SYSTEM) DLTRCV(*YES)
parameters.

So, does this automatic clean up happen on transaction commitment, when
the table is backed up, when reclaim storage is run, or at some other
point?

On another note, if I wanted to make the journal in sql, are my two best
options QCMDEXEC and registering CRTJRN as a stored procedure? If
Journaling is a feature of tables that's been around since at least v5, why
can't I control it with CREATE/ALTER TABLE? Seems like a silly thing to
expect me to use CL for, if I'm supposed to use SQL DDL to make the
Physical File.

This thread ...