Hi,

What does the 'Physical File Open accesses' displayed in the DSPFD command
indicate?

Does it really show the number of times this file was opened?

I am seeing pretty high numbers in one file (40000/min) but no one has
complained of degradation in performance of that file, and I can't really
believe that file is opened that frequently. The code is supposed to be
extremely fine tuned with no program in the call stack opening/closing
files. The ODP in batch jobs I have checked is constant.

Also, for that file 'Physical File Close accesses' is HIGHER than Open
accesses.

Thanks
Vinay

This thread ...