I managed to get the thing working. Found something I'd done myself that gave me the key. Used a dummy record to get the device name, then a POST to get the screen size (thanks, Buck), then set an indicator, and used it to select whether the 72-character or 120-character versions of the fields appeared. Had to put them in separate data structures, and copy the 72-character version into the 120-character version if the indicator was set for 80-column. Royal pain in the butt to code, but I got it working.

--
JHHL

This thread ...

Replies:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2019 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].