After several attempts of not working, rebooting PC, now working.
Other users had similar issues, got them working.
Not sure what it was.
Our one 3rd party app uses QDLS, wish they would convert.
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mark S Waterbury
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2015 11:34 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Mapped drive not working only for QDLS
A few questions:
1. What user profiles are having this problem on that R&D LPAR?
* all users?
* or only certain user profiles?
For historical reasons, QDLS was linked to the SNA directory; such that to use QDLS, each user profile must have a SNA directory entry -- issue WRKDIRE on the Production LPAR, and on the Development LPAR, and see what is different (or missing.)
But, this begs the question: why are you still using QDLS?
* QDLS has been "deprecated" for a long time, since at least V5R1 or V5R2
* QDLS performs much worse than the "root" file system and QOpenSys in
o I read that QDLS is approximately 5 times slower than the "real" IFS
* QDLS is limited to the old MS-DOS style "8.3" file naming conventions
* QDLS files have size limitations much smaller than in the "real" IFS
Mark S. Waterbury
On 9/25/2015 10:53 AM, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:
I have a mapped drive to the root.
Why would QDLS folder not be accessible, all others are.
No error message.
Works fine on Production LPAR, R&D LPAR not working
IBM i Systems Administrator
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l