On 24-Sep-2015 14:09 -0600, DrFranken wrote:
On 9/24/2015 4:02 PM, David Gibbs wrote:
On 9/24/2015 2:36 PM, Vernon Hamberg wrote:
Just ran into some keyed source PFs on our system - not all, just
some (probably) older ones.

Keyed on what? The sequence number?

How did they set the key?

Typically only the easy way, using the ACCPTH(*KEYED) specification on the Create Source Physical File (CRTSRCPF) command. I have seen almost nobody using the Create Physical File (CRTPF) to create a File Type (FILETYPE) of *SRC (PF-SRC) from DDS source; i.e. instead of the typical *DATA (PF-DTA) file created with the CRTPF command. Even more rare is the LF-SRC [which AFaIK, the Program Development Manager (PDM) still does not present as the Attribute].

I'd key it on the source line, then date, then sequence number. That
would use up a lot of disk and I sell disk. :-)

Perhaps, if supported. But that is unsupported, per:

msg CPD7952 "Only one key field allowed in source file."
"Cause: In a source file (FILETYPE(*SRC) specified on the command used to create the file), only the first field (sequence number) can be specified as the key field."

This thread ...