Hi Everyone,

I have a program that uses HSSFR4 to open a template spreadsheet, add data to it, and write it out as a different spreadsheet.

It works fine under my profile, and that of a colleague, but when the user tries it, it fails with the MCH6801.

Said user's profile has no special authorities, and has limit capabilities *YES.

In the SQLRPGLE program it successfully does:

1277.00 rc = hssf_begin_object_group(200);
1285.00 book = HSSF_open('/home/Coop/CO0300 template.xls');
1296.00 sheet = HSSFWorkbook_getSheetAt(book: tx);
1298.00 row = HSSFSheet_getRow(sheet: 0);

And fails on

1299.00 hssf_text(row: 3: TITLE);

Message ID . . . . . . : MCH6801 Severity . . . . . . . : 40
Message type . . . . . : Escape
Date sent . . . . . . : 09/24/15 Time sent . . . . . . : 11:14:17

Message . . . . : Object domain or storage protection error for offset
X'0000000080000000' in object COOP_RPT_1USERID1 576813.
Cause . . . . . : A program tried to use a blocked instruction, access a
system domain object, or make invalid use of a protected page. The violation
type is 3. The violation type indicates the type of error:
1-Object domain violation.
2-Test Pointer Target Addressability (TESTPTA) violation.
3-Read protection error.
4-Write protection error.
The space class is X'08'. The space class designates the type of space for
a storage protection error or TESTPTA violation for a space pointer:
08-teraspace for OS/400 PASE memory address X'0000000080000000'.
X'40000000000000009F9DD58090000000' is a pointer to the storage for a
protection error or TESTPTA violation for a space pointer. Some violations
may be suppressed at low system security levels.

Job: COOP_RPT_1 User: USERID1 Number: 576813

Type Program Statement Procedure
1 QCMD QSYS /01C7
CO0300R ARLIB _QRNP_PEP_CO0300R
CO0300R ARLIB 26700 CO0300R
CO0300R ARLIB 129900 OPENSPREADSHEET
HSSFR4 UTLIB 24800 HSSF_TEXT
HSSFR4 UTLIB 23400 SS_TEXT
QRNXUTIL QSYS 132 _QRNX_JNI_ONE_CALL
QRNXUTIL QSYS 80 _QRNX_JNI_CHK_EXCP
QXJ9VM QJVM6032 14 FindClass__FP7JNIEnv_PCc
QRNXIE QSYS 1 _QRNX_CALL_FC_H
QRNXIE QSYS 2 _QRNX_DFT_ERROR
QRNXIE QSYS 17 _QRNX_INQ
QRNXIE QSYS 5 InqMsg

Googling found something for violation type 4 (write protection error) having to do with the Java caches when swapping profiles (which the calling CL program does), but this is a type 3 (read protection error).

Any clues as to what is causing this?

--
*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.