From: John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/09/2015 01:24
Subject: SSL for i tutorial?

Is there some resource that amounts to "SSL (on the i) for Dummies"?

Or, failing that, is there a good "SSL (in general) for Dummies",
which could then be followed by "SSL on the i for Folks Who Know SSL
in General"?

In particular, I'm interested in getting FTPS working. I am not likely
to have the permissions to set up certificates on my system, though,
so I might not be able to apply the information directly anyway. I
anticipate that it will be slightly more effective for me to go to my
manager and our admin with "hey, can you follow the simple
instructions at this link to set up FTPS?" than to just say "hey, can
you set up FTPS?".

Or could I be really lucky, and there's a ready-made PASE solution
(either already installed, or just download-and-go, like Scott's port
of 7-zip)? We're on 7.1.

I know, I know, if we are willing to spend money, then obviously that
will be a simple way to get FTPS working.

And yes, I'm sure I am looking for FTPS, not SFTP. (I actually can
already do SFTP easily using iSeriesPython, for free and with no
administrator involvement required.)

John Y.