Hi Rob,

Collection Services has information about all the threads that run for a
given job.
You can view this information using the Performance Data Investigator.
There are probably multiple ways to do this, but here's one way:

Start with Investigate Data -> Collection Services -> Job Statistics
Overviews -> Job Statistics by Job or Task.
This will display a table of data, one row for each job. Find the job you
are interested in and select it. (Search or filter the data in the table -
don't try to scroll through it).
After you have selected the job, take "CPU Utilization for Jobs or Tasks"
as the "Select Action" drill down.
In the next chart, find the interval you are interested in (perhaps it is
one where you see the CPU Utilization peak for that job). Select be bar
for that interval by clicking on it.
That will cause the next chart to display information for that job for just
that interval. If you don't select a specific interval, the drill down
will show a summary over the entire timeframe.

Take the "Select Action" drill down option of "CPU Utilization by Thread or
Task" and this will display a list of threads for that job in order of
their CPU utilization.

(There might be an easier way to do this, but I don't have time to play
around much more today....)

The Collection Services QAPMJOBMI file contains information about every
thread, so you could query that file yourself.

The IBM i Performance FAQ has information on SMT modes - the different
levels supported by the various POWER hardware models and the associated
support in IBM i 7.1 and 7.2.
On POWER8, IBM i 7.1 defaults to SMT4 while IBM i 7.2 defaults to SMT8.
http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?infotype=SA&subtype=WH&htmlfid=POW03102USEN

In addition, there is an excellent article on the developerWorks site on
IBM i 7.2 and POWER8 -
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/ibmi/library/i-ibmi-7_2-and-ibm-power8/index.html

I hope you find these resources helpful.

Dawn May
www.ibmsystemsmag.com/Blogs/i-Can/