From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:48 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: BRMS nightly save time differences

Rob and Jim,

All good points.

1) Not sure if default wait time is a variable with SWA.
2) BRMS save uses fast positioning, takes append out of the equation.
First seq of control group 20 *SAVSECDTA completed within 3 minutes for both.
3) Sync ID - *none for both 40 *ALLUSR *SYSBAS FFFFFFF *ERR *YES QSYSOPR *NONE
4) I found two other differences.
a) nightly save job ENDTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) HTTPSVR(*ADMIN), while weekly does not.
b) nightly and weekly are run by different users.
5) Comparing the joblogs from both nights, I noticed that the longer save is only seconds longer for each of the 410 libraries saved, gradually gets longer.

What is the best tool to use for checking/comparing saves, not only times, but amount saved?

Paul