here is the link to the article

http://iprodeveloper.com/rpg-programming/how-read-csv-file-rpg

bryan

rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote on 8/7/2015 1:00 PM:
Lets say I run a command the automatically populates a db2 column with
lparname1,1,status
lparname2,2,status
lparname3,3,status
No danger of a comma being imbedded other than as shown. IOW no risk of
"lpar,1,name",1,status.
I know I can parse this out with SQL with a bunch of LOCATE's and whatnot.
But, if there's some cool function that I'm missing I'd rather examine
that.
My workaround may be to pipe this out to a stream file instead of a DB2
file and use CPYFRMIMPF. And if "I'm" looking at CPYFRMIMPF you know
that's desperation.

No CSVPARSE(fromstring, ColumnNbr) is there?