rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote on Mon, 03 Aug
2015 18:59:32 GMT:

http://www-
03.ibm.com/systems/resources/systems_power_software_
i_perfmgmt_pcrm_nov2012.pdf IBM Power Systems
Performance Capabilities Reference
IBM i operating system 7.1
November 2012

6.5.3 Virtual SCSI Bandwidth-Network Storage Description
(NWSD) Scaling

Excuse me, but the chapter is titled ***VIOS***. I do not know
how NWSDs and NWSSTGs relate to VIOS as it cannot create these
things!

... In order to achieve better performance, 1 network storage
space should be used for every 2-4
disk drives in the ASP and each network storage space should
be attached to its own network storage
description.

This is for AIX as the client LPAR. Since when does IBM i do
I/Os like AIX?

Has this changed much since then? IBM labs sometimes get the
cast off's and I wonder what test equipment they were using
between then and our Power 8's with IBM i 7.2.

As Larry points out, yes lots has changed.

In addition, I'm a pack rat and this same chapter has been
around with the same words since the April 2010 V7R1 (TR0)
version. However, I could've sworn earlier versions of the pub
contained information about serving storage to AIX. Just don't
have time to dig through all the PDFs to find it.