Shot in the dark here. So do you have a scsi terminator plugged into the
drive? Did you accidently plug in a scsi loopback tester instead of a
terminator? They look similar, the loop back cap is for running some kind
of on board diagnostic on the drive itself from the control panel.

I'm not sure if the TS2900 comes with a loopback tool. Just something to
check.

Justin