let's start with the basics. What is your definition of "double signon"?
Is that first getting the somewhat gui looking userid/password to connect
to the IBM i and then having to enter the userid/password on the 5250
screen itself?
How have you configured the Properties (off to the right of System name)?
Which of the following did you use:
1-Use System i Navigator default
2-Use Windows user name and password, no prompting
3-Use default user id, prompt as needed

Here we keep our IBM i passwords and windows passwords in sync. Therefore,
while we do use "Use System i Navigator default" we have iNav set to use
Windows user name and password. That bypasses the somewhat GUI looking
user id and password.

Sometimes we also use "Bypass signon" on the 5250 screen. Since you've
already established credentials between your PC and IBM i why have them
stop at the 5250 screen and reenter their user id? Unless you often sign
on to 5250 as some other user. This may be the reason not to use it on
shared PC's, where "shipper" signs on the PC on the first of the year and
never signs it off and whomever logs into the 5250 screen uses their
individual id.

The help on "Bypass signon" does say:
Bypass signon
Specifies whether you want to bypass the IBM i Sign On display. If you
select this check box, make sure that the IBM i QRMTSIGN value is set to
*VERIFY. If the value is not set to *VERIFY, you can not bypass the sign
on display.

Whether or not that is a SOX violation is up for interpretation. I might
be inclined to 'lock' my PC when I walked away from my desk by hitting the
WindowsKey-L combination.

A server is a server is a server. IOW, windows passes credentials
automatically between your Windows clients and your Windows servers when
you access a folder share or print share. Is that a SOX violation? Should
you have to signon each time you access a share? No. Why then would
bypass signon be a SOX violation? I bet that is one wordy mother of a
document but I really doubt they put in there that using bypass signon for
IBM i 5250 emulation is a violation.