Scott

Everything you write can also be done in screen scrapers like IceCap
(IceBreak) without RPGOA or changing a line of code in the basis 5250
program. How they (Niels/System & Method) do it I don’t know but he/they do
it!

To me RPGOA’s fixed interface represents a bottleneck exactly like the OPM
way of passing parameters into a javascript function (yes there is also an
OPM in javascript) with a predefined parameter list where we today just
parses a single JSON object that besides data parameters also may contain
executable javascript code.

The same goes for AJAX where a server may return executables to the request
telling what the result should do by injecting code in the javascript AJAX
object without predefinition. This is however probably far beyond what
“normal” programmers will do, but still it is done in advanced FDA’s.