Some more remarks about Apache persistence CGI jobs.

* Users must have an *OS user profile, in many web applications users don’t.

* Users must have *OS object access to all objects used in the web system

* Users also gain access to other services that run on the server such as
FTP etc. unless extensive user controle is applied.

* Using internal user profiles and passwords in a web system that may be
accessed by a browser from any device opens for sniffing.

* Persistence is only pseudo persistence as described earlier

* Persistence is not designed for concurrent AJAX and may cause
unpredictable results. You will either need to remember to set the async:
false property in the AJAX request or has an AJAX queuing mechanism in your
web application.

* Jobs are closed down when MaxCGIJobs are reached causing closing and
reopening of programs and files and also loosing persistency and causing
poor performance.

* Persistence requires large pools of active IBM I jobs that even if they
are paged out of memory into the memory disk based work area takes up
resources.