On 2/25/2015 5:39 PM, Cyndi Bradberry wrote:
This is the Java platform i Series Access product. Looking for a manual or redbook. Have found a ftp site at IBM with a big html document called 'Getting Started'. Grabbed that, but is there anything else ?

That's what I used to get going.

We thought we might look into this just in case. We have a large group of management that use Windows Surfaces, currently on Windows 8, but they are testing Windows 10 and we are looking to lower the footprint on the surfaces.

I downloaded the software to my IFS. Most of us here have a Windows
drive mapped to the IFS so I wrote up a batch file that looks like this:

java -Xmx1024m -jar X:\Software\IBM_i_Access_Client_Solutions\acsbundle.jar

This fires up the whole suite - the main menu if you will. Useful for
developers, but probably a bit much for typical 5250 users so I started
tinkering with a batch file that would run only a 5250 emulation
session. It looks like this:

java -Xmx1024m -jar
X:\Software\IBM_i_Access_Client_Solutions\acsbundle.jar /PLUGIN=5250
/SYSTEM=my.power5.com /wide=1 /name=BUCKCAS

When I do it this way and put the batch file on my desktop, the icon
looks goofy. I haven't yet tried putting the batch file in the IFS and
putting a link on my desktop. I might be able to change the icon that
way.

A bit buried at the moment, but it does seem usable as-is. One downside
is that I now have yet another Java memory vampire running on my PC.