System: Power7 720, 8202 E4B, V7R1, AL730_142 firmware, 64gb memory,
3-Processors active, Cumulative level 14143, TR9, all other PTF groups &
SSD recommends current. Mimix / Journaling is in play, 5770SS1 42 HA
Journal Performance installed, configured/verified by Mimix. ASP 1 is
Production/System, ASP 2 is a low use Development partition.

Performance is Degraded (5250 interactive, batch, & http) during high load
when System ASP (1) is balanced (% used) across mixed 4-SSD & 18-HDD's.

Current solution: TRCASPBAL SET(*ON) ASP(1) TIMLMT(60) is run once at a
peak usage time Friday. Then STRASPBAL TYPE(*HSM) ASP(1) TIMLMT(180)
PRIORITY(*LOW) is run on the weekend, it DOES finish completely leaving the
4 SSD's @ 13.5% usage. Performance is then VERY acceptable. As the next
week progresses, the system eventually gets %used balanced and performance
is terrible.

Better solution 1: Run multiple (stacked) TRCASPBAL's at 1-hr intervals
for 10x, twice a day, at peak times. This gives better and more hot/cold
data flagged. Then use STRASPBAL on the weekend to ensure all has moved.
I would expect this to better utilize the %used on the SSD's.

Better solution 2: Using Sue Baker's prior dialogue, "most customers place
hot data" on SSD's and using Rob D's SQL statement, Identify our top
20/50/100/500 PF's and LF's, and SET their preferred unit with a focus on
getting the SSD's to nearly 90% full, using STRASPBAL TYPE(*MP) .

Any thoughts, advice, or better solutions ?

Size % I/O Request Read Write Read Write
% --Protection--
Unit Type (M) Used Rqs Size (K) Rqs Rqs (K) (K)
Busy ASP Type Status Compression
1 58B2 133353 46.3 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0
0 1 DPY ACTIVE
2 58B2 133353 46.3 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0