From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gary
Kuznitz
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2015 3:24 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: NAS or Tape for backup?

I'm ready to purchase a backup solution for a 9405 520.
I have seen NAS devices in the past. I'm wondering if they are a good
solution for a small i5. This is one I have seen:
LENOVO Iomega ix2 2-Bay 4TB NAS-2 x 2TB, Ethernet Port Interface, Supports
RAID, 1x USB 3.0 Port, 2 x USB 2.0 Ports, Device to Device Data Replication,
Cloud Technology -70A69001NA-70A69001NA-CA
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8
511566

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about them?

If I didn't go that route what tape drive would someone recommend? Probably
in the
LT04 or LT05 . I don't feel a need to spend a lot of money for the latest
and greatest.
Even a used one would probably do.

They have quite a few models. I'd like to hear from people that have good
experience as well as bad so I don't have problems with backups all the
time.

Thank you,

Gary Kuznitz