<snip>
What's bothering me is the "some logs in spooled files", some logs only
available through WRKJOBLOG or OpsNav equivalent.
</snip>

I suspected that was the real root of the problem. Let me redirect, or
rephrase this.
All job logs are available using WRKJOBLOG, 'if' you use WRKJOBLOG
JOBLOGSTT(*PENDING *SPOOLED).
The problem is only some joblogs are available using WRKOUTQ QEZJOBLOG.
Stop using WRKOUTQ for finding joblogs.
If you can figure out the syntax for
CHGCMDDFT CMD(WRKJOBLOG) NEWDFT('JOBLOGSTT(*PENDING *SPOOLED)')
great. I couldn't. A workaround would be to create a new command, like
WJ, that would do
WRKJOBLOG JOBLOGSTT(*PENDING *SPOOLED)

You can always do
WRKJOB myjobname
10. Display job log, if active, on job queue, or pending
I got into that habit quite quickly.
Again, if it's too confusing to remember when to use option 4, or option
10, then CHGSYSVAL QLOGOUTPUT VALUE(*PND)