From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John
McKee
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 5:56 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Disk configuration

He had forgotten them in his car. Not sure how one can forget to bring
tools in. Maybe changed so many cache batteries that he didn't believe
tools would be needed. I have no idea. Likely would have been a different
outcome if battery had been dead instead of a couple of days into warning
period.

Which brings up a trivia question: We had a 620 many years ago. I remember
seeing a different CE getting into the thing. Definitely had tools,
including a rather essential power screwdriver. Don't recall why he had to
open chassis, but man did it have a LOT of screws. Did the beast also have
a cache battery that also involved removing all the screws?

John McKee