I'm with Scott...double and triple check the call to QUSRJOBI...

Just recompiling on a different release / PTF level can change how memory
corruption manifests. Even without making any changes top the source.

Charles

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Scott Mildenberger <
SMildenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Possibly the call to QUSRJOBI has a parameter coded incorrectly and you
are corrupting memory. Previously, it just happened to work and now it
doesn't because the memory being corrupted is important.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Vinay Gavankar
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2014 9:07 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: QUSRJOBI API & CPF0859 error

Hi,

Happy New Year!

I have a CL program which is working in production.

The program has a file defined and a RCVF command. It also has a call to
QUSRJOBI API at the beginning of the program. The RCVF command is after a
lot of other processing.

I changed the file to add another field, and recompiled the program
(target Release = V7R1M0) in Dev box.

The program blows up on the RCVF command with CPF0859 error (File Override
caused I/O buffer size to be exceeded).

If I comment out the call to the QUSRJOBI API, and recompile the program
(not sure WHY someone tried this), the program executes normally with no
error.

Any suggestions on why this might be happening?

Regards
Vinay