From what i've read Rob do, you can manually set certain objects to live inSSD, ASPBAL has ¨capacity, usage and another option i forget, but i don't
1) Is STRASPBAL the command to manage/move hot/cold data, P7 V7R1, with
internal disks similar to Easy Tier?
2) What is the difference between STRASPBAL HSM (Hierarchical Storage
Management) and STRASPBAL MP (Media Preference), end results appear to be
3) Can very large PF and LF be both hot and cold data? In other words, the
old data which may not be accessed be cold data?
4) Does this also apply to IFS data?
5) Does STRASPBAL need to be constantly running?
6) Does anyone have a SSD/HDD mixture and using STRASPBAL?
I currently have 100% SSD, but cost of adding disk is having me look at a
SSD/HDD mixed alternative solution.
IBM i Systems Administrator
Pencor Services, Inc.
462 Delaware Ave
Palmerton Pa 18071
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list
To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives