The DR machine was working perfectly until the vendor ran some
RSTOBJ, RST commands and clobbered TCP in a way that left no
connection to the system.
My original question had to do with TCP as a single problem and I simply
hoped to find a restore TCP kinda way to get it working so the vendor
could research what went wrong. DrF. suggested restoring both
5770TC1 as well as option 12 of SS1, both of which I had done by the
time he popped up. That didn't work. Chuck basically said don't do it
piecemeal and I know he was right. I spent the weekend (Saturday
and part of Sunday) getting the machine rebuilt. It now sits ready for
vendor to cast his spell, again, and see if it will work without problem.
It can be seen from production as well as several P/C's on site so my
thought is that if it goes wrong again then I know the process is wrong.
Thanks for the tips from everyone...I learned something about TCP that
I didn't know and I'm now older and wiser for the experience. A lot
"CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission (and/or the attachments accompanying it) contain confidential information belonging to the sender. The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of the information is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized interception of this transmission is illegal under the law. If you have received this transmission in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the transmission."
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2019 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact