Chuck:
I'm not where I can see what was actually done by the vendor so I'll
have to find out what they did. I suspect you are correct in that QUSRSYS
was somehow replaced either in whole or piecemeal. QGPL as well.
I would have assumed that whatever restore they had in mind should
not have included those specific system objects that could compromise
the outcome.
As I have thought through this I'm now of the opinion that the vendor
did something he didn't intend to do and that I'll have to build the
system
again.
I'll take your advice to heart, Chuck. I think piecemeal is a bad idea.

Bill

"CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission (and/or the attachments
accompanying it) contain confidential information belonging to the sender.
The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient.
disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance
on the contents of the information is strictly prohibited. Any
unauthorized interception of this transmission is illegal under the law.
If you have received this transmission in error, please promptly notify
the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the
transmission."