I disagree.
I can think that proper library setup may alleviate the need for iasps but
I do not agree that multitenancy can be achieved with combined data and
proper security. There's too much coordination involved. Company A runs
a 13 period year. Company B runs a 12 month year. They do month ends at
different times. Month end involves file reorgs, a dedicated save before,
etc.
Maybe this can be done but even more serious rewriting is involved.