From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John R. Smith, Jr.
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 12:53 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Websphere Development Studio dropping connection

OK, more details.

You are correct and I apparently did not hit the C hard enough. :) I am running WDSC - IBM Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries version 7.0.0.

The client iSeries OS is 6.1.
The company iSeries is 6.1 and 7.1 (different LPars of course). There is also an antique in the corner running V5R4M0 that doesn't have a problem either.
I'm not sure about the product release levels and which ones I should look at.

I really think there is a weird network problem here and was hoping I could point them in the right direction. I have hit other problems with then where they are not "blocking" any outbound traffic but I can't VPN into my company without connecting to my hotspot instead of their network.