I believe Power7 with 7.1 (cant remember the TR, i think TR6) added the
capability to IPL from USB, slow as hell from what i heard (USB support in
LIC was only 1.1 IIRC).

Best Regards,
Roberto

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 3:26 PM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Haven't tried that.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

From: "Steinmetz, Paul" <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'"
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/19/2014 01:23 PM
Subject: RE: V7R1 DSLO images

Rob,

Sorry for the typo.
Can USB/Flash, (containing at least I_BASE01, or the entire DSLO image)
drive be an alternate restart device?.
My current DSLO image is 20gb, one single image called I_BASE_01, but
includes all of i5/OS, and PTFs.
That would be a nice recovery plan.

Paul